Why Sahara Reporter’s Publisher, Omoyele Sowore Is After My Life And Career – Osinuga Oriola - NaijaEmirates : Promoting Today's Entertainment and What's Going on Around You

Breaking

Post Top Ad

Thursday 14 September 2017

Why Sahara Reporter’s Publisher, Omoyele Sowore Is After My Life And Career – Osinuga Oriola



In the last one week, there have been torrents of articles and reports on the social media spotlighting me, Osinuga Oriola and my blog, the naijaeverything.com. These reports have ranged from the mundane to the frivolous, and others outright libellous!

But one thing is certain and constant – it’s a certain Omoyele Sowore, the heretic publisher of Sahara Reporters, and his sidekicks that are behind it all! In the last 48 hours or thereabouts, they’ve aggressively sponsored and promoted the stories across the media waves, spending several thousands of ill-gotten wealth just so as to get at me.

Ordinarily, my instant instinct was to ‘let it go’, but on a second thought, I realised that setting the records straight once and for all, and exposing the shenanigans of Omoyele Sowore and his blackmail machine is important and neccesary for the unsuspecting members of the public.

On the 14th of April, 2016, I received an unexpected call from the New York via this phone no +1 201 364 1254 The person on the other end introduced himself as Comrade Omoyele Sowore. The person mentioned that he’d observed my social media activities at close range over a period of two years and felt that it was important for him to approach me for ‘synergy’ with my blog.

When I asked for the nature of the so-called synergy, Mr. Sowore said he had an axe to grind with certain political personalities in Nigeria who he claimed were corrupt and using their wealth to destroy the country. Among others, he mentioned specifically Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, Dr. Bukola Saraki, Senator Godswill Akpabio, Mallam Sule Lamido, and a host of others. He was curiously most critical of Bukola Saraki.

Still not convinced about the nature of the synergy, I asked Sowore for the specific role he thought I could play in this regards and he shamelessly asked me to work with him to deal with these politicians and others. He also asked whether I had a hand in the flouting of some blogs, especially Saharareporterrescus.com and Channelstv.com, for which I gave a flat denial.

Apparently to bait me further, Mr. Sowore offered me mouthwatering packages in dollars. He said he had alot of dollars to dispense and if I did the hatched job well, I would get rich quick and fast. I had allowed Omoyele Sowore to run his mouth plentifully but at the end, I turned down his offer of dollars to get into the gutter with him in his hatched job of blackmailing public officials.

After this scenario, the same number had called to my line several times but I’ve refused to pick up. At some points, I had to bar the line from reaching me. Apparently, Sowore appears to nurse a personal grouse and grudge against me arising from this exchange.

The reason why i rejected his offer was because my idea of blogging does not support dumping my platform for any other platform. Additionally, no amount of dollars or blackmail can make me sign up for a gang of blackmailers masquerading as online journalists.

This seems to be my lone offence for which Sowore and his minions seek my head. Ever since I rejected Sowore’s satanic offer, I’ve been hounded and blackmailed. I’ve been subjected to verbal attacks. Yet, I’ve kept my cool for i know that no matter how they try, and as long as I let my conscience and God to guide my actions, I’ve no cause to fear a mere mortal.

But this time, they’ve gone on overdrive for reasons best known to them. They’ve gone to reveal my old address and of course, my mobile phone number! The renewed onslaught against me by Sowore have also exposed me to unimaginable danger and security risks.

But even at that, I will still not wrestle with a pig, especially one that is a professional in the gutters like Sowore and his minions here in Kwara state. I am also not willing to drag my name and my brand to the mud like Sowore who actually has nothing to lose. And unlike him, I’ve nowhere to run to like chicken! I am right here in Nigeria, plying my trade as a blogger.

I invite Nigerians to note that the allegations made against me are simply laughable as there is no element of truth in the publications.

It should be noted that Sowore has portrayed the media onslaught against me as a fallout on an alleged incident that happened after a N4bn libel suit between Senate President Bukola Saraki and Sahara Reporters was heard at the Kwara State High Court on the 30th of August, 2017 in Ilorin. However, that posturing is far from the truth.

There is virtually no premise to link me with the court case as I was never at the court premises and I am not a member of the All Progressives Congress, contrary to false claims by Sowore.

As a matter of fact, I have never been to any court in my entire life.

It is true that I am a blogger. It is also true that I am the Chief Executive Officer of Naijaeverything, an online platform with main focus on Entertainment, News and Sports. I am very proud of Naijaeverything because despite my academic pursuits and other time-sucking engagements, my little investment on the platform has yielded fruits and honour.

As a blogger, I published my personal information on Naijaeverything.com. Therefore, I would not be surprised if Sowore and his collaborators should plant my details everywhere in a desperate attempt to intimidate and implicate me.

Meanwhile, Sowore took his desperation to insanity level when he made futile attempt to link me to kidnapping. I am not a kidnapper and I have no record of any criminal act.

Sowore alleged that I am “Yahoo Boy” that buys electronics online with fake cards. That allegation is both false and unfounded. The allegation appears to be an attempt to criminalise my name and brand. However, Sowore will not have the last laugh on this. He will have to substantiate this allegation at the appropriate time and at the appropriate arena.

By publishing my phone number and residential address, Sowore has exposed me to unimaginable danger and security risks. I have received many strange calls from strange sources. These calls were accompanied with mostly threats. Security agencies have been alerted on this development. In addition, I wish to urge all Nigerians to hold Omoyele Sowore responsible should anything untoward happen to me.

Finally, Sowore has the grace and window to pull down all the defamatory stories he published against me. It is in his interest to do so forthwith before I exercise the right to seek legal redress and protection.

To my friends and well wishers, thank you for the support thus far. Stay blessed.

SIGNED:
Osinuga Oriola,
CEO, Naijaeverything.com
12th of September, 2017.


© Copyright 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad